[Kde-kiosk] no profiles?

BTrout at mbsbooks.com BTrout at mbsbooks.com
Thu Jul 8 16:11:17 CEST 2004

Only way  I got profile to work was to use the same directory as the
Default. "var/run/kde-profiles".

My actual steps was
-Modified the Default profile
-mv /var/run/kde-profiles/default /var/urn/kde-profiles/lockdown
-mkdir /var/run/kde-profiles/default
-created a profile to point to this new directory

I don't think the option to override the default profile location works.

That's has been my experience with SUSE 9.1

Hope that helps.

"Mathias Adler" <mathias at adler.nu>
07/08/2004 08:23 AM
Please respond to
kde-kiosk at kde.org; Please respond to
mathias at adler.nu

<kde-kiosk at kde.org>
cc

Subject
[Kde-kiosk] no profiles?

Hi kiosk gurus!
Im using SuSE 9.1 pro, kde 3.2.3 and kiosktool-0.5-3.

My config files looks as follow:

# more /etc/kde3rc
[Directories]
kioskAdmin=root:
prefixes=/etc/opt/kde3/
profileDirsPrefix=/etc/kde-profile/
userProfileMapFile=/etc/kde-user-profile

[Directories-profile1]
ProfileDescription=test profile
ProfileInstallUser=root
prefixes=/opt/kde3/

# more /etc/kde-user-profile
[General]
groups=

[Users]
mathiasa=profile1

The problem is the that no profile is created. Not under /etc/kde-profile
and not under /opt/kde3. kde-profile didn't even exist until I created
one.

Where is the profile suppose to be created?

I have read through the mail archive and seen others with the same problem
but no solutions.

when I modify a profile it will update kdeglobal under ~root/.kde../../..
so it will apply for root but not for the user I define.

Any pointers how I can trouble shoot this?

If I create a profile and install it as root but map a user to the
profile, is it suppose to apply to root as well? I mean whats the point of
restrict the root environment?

Whats the case with /etc/kde3rc vs. /etc/kderc? Do I need to create kderc
och a symlink to kde3rc?

regards
Mathias