[Kde-kiosk] cant get kiosk mode to work

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Dec 1 15:38:38 CET 2004

On Saturday 27 November 2004 13:07, Angus Donaldson wrote:
> i have set my $KDEDIRS to /mnt/some-nfs/ and touched update_syscoda
> but still my shared kdedirs dont seem to work do i need to set them as
> kdehome but wouldnt this mean any unlocked users settings would have global
> effect for all users? kdepath shows the shared dir am confused

No, $KDEDIRS should work.

Do you have a /mnt/some-nfs/share/config directory? What does "kde-config
--path config" say?

Do you have kiosktool installed? If so, what does "kiosktool-kdedirs --check"
say?

bastian at kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download
bastian at suse.com  |   http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/eval.html