[Kde-kiosk] Locking down existing settings?

Elena Lazar ela at cs.tuiasi.ro
Wed Aug 25 18:37:31 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have a guest user on my computer used for those who comes to visit me
and want to go online (to check mail, etc.). I have configured KDE for
guest in a certain way and now I want to lock those settings down.

I was using Kiosktool and locked down most of the options but when I log
in as guest user, I see KDE with default settings locked instead with my
custom settings locked. How do I lock down my custom settings for that
particular user?

# cat /etc/kderc
[Directories]
kioskAdmin=root:
profileDirsPrefix=/etc/kde-profile/
userProfileMapFile=/etc/kde-user-profile

[Directories-guest]
prefixes=/etc/kde-profile/guest/

# cat /etc/kde-user-profile
[General]