[Kde-kiosk] Managing multiple workstations

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Aug 13 13:33:21 CEST 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 12:10, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> Next you need to modify /etc/kderc to add a folder to the Prefixes line.

Correct. Note that SUSE uses /etc/kde3rc instead of /etc/kderc

The lines you are looking for look like:

[Directories]
prefixes=/etc/opt/kde3/

Change that to:

[Directories]
prefixes=/your/directory/:/etc/opt/kde3/

Depending on your distribution it can be that there is no prefixes entry at
all (or even no /etc/kderc file). Just create one.

> Or
> rather, this used to be the procedure. Looking in my archives for this
> mailing list I'm a bit confused. Seems like kiosktool does some things
> slightly different.

No, kiosktool does basically the same. Where it differs is that kiosktool can
apply extra prefixes depending on the user that logs in. If all users should
all use the same default settings the above works just fine.

bastian at kde.org  |   KDE Community World Summit 2004  |  bastian at suse.com
bastian at kde.org  | 21-29 August, Ludwigsburg, Germany |  bastian at suse.com