[Kde-kiosk] Can Non-KDE apps run under context of KDE-Kiosk?

S. W. B. mymail999 at fusemail.com
Fri Oct 31 22:25:51 CET 2003

Hi!  I've been casually investigating running KDE on some public web
browsing kiosks.  A major problem I've noted is that the user can browse
the local filesystem by typing file:/// into the URL field of a web
browser.  Just to be safe, I would configure KDE-Kiosk so the entire file
system is basically invisible to the user, thereby securing Konqueror.
But, is there a way to force non-KDE applications (i.e. Mozilla or
OpenOffice), to obey the same filesystem access rules defined by KDE?  How
about in KDE 3.2?  Thanks for the help!