[Kde-kiosk] OpenGL errors

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Mon Oct 6 15:26:30 CEST 2003

I am finally getting a chance to to upgrade from Red Hat 7.2 to 9 (and
from KDE 2.2.2 to KDE 3.1-10 Red Hat.  Unfortunately, I am getting a lot
of OpenGL-related errors on login.  The error that I am getting is:

Failed to obtain license for feature:  GLX

I get the error message 10 times from login to the point the desktop is
fully loaded (and another three or four times when Konqueror loads, etc.)

The hardware that has these errors is the NCD HMX and NCD MCX product
lines.  These are diskless workstations with 8-bit color.  Newer
workstations like the Thinstar product line and the NC900 appear to be fine.

Any pointers would be appreciated
--

Janyne Kizer
Systems Programmer Administrator