[Kde-kiosk] URL Restrictions conflict with Kdesktop

Russell Brown russell at lls.lls.com
Fri May 9 11:22:21 CEST 2003

I'm still on my quest[1] to get a 'kiosked' desktop[2] I ran across this
problem which seems like a bug.

If one has the following in kdeglobals:

[KDE URL Restrictions][$i]
rule_count=2
rule_1=list,,,,file,,,false
rule_2=list,,,,file,,$HOME,true

and Desktop entries in /usr/share/apps/kdesktop/Desktop (default KDEDIR
for this system) then one gets a kdesktop error popup window saying
"Access denied to file /usr/share/apps/kdesktop/Desktop" when kdesktop
is first fired up.

[1] - Monty Python and the Holy Grail has nothing on this one :-(
[2] - I want the desktop to contain things from $KDEDIRS/apps/kdesktop/Desktop
      but *not* things from $KDEHOME/Desktop

--
 Regards,
     Russell