[Kde-kiosk] kickerrc and

Dirk Drexlin drexlin at khs-calw.de
Fri May 9 10:39:10 CEST 2003

I edited home/user/.kde/share/config/kickerrc
I put
[menus]
UseDistributionMainFile=false

But it didn't work. I still get the Suse menu. It seems to me, that kde doesn't use this file. Is it in the right
place?

When I start control center -> appearance & themes -> Menu Settings I can choose Suse menu or
Standart KDE menu. But this doesn`t affect my kickerrc file.
Also Control center -> Desktop -> Behavior lets me edit mouse button actions. But this doesn't affect
kdeglobals.
How do control center and kickerrc (kdeglobals) work together?

In the process of kiosking, should I use Control Center or should I edit rc files, kdeglobals...
Whats the better way? Or both?

Thanks for your kind help

Dirk