[Kde-kiosk] Eeeck! config options are case sensitive!

Russell Brown russell at lls.lls.com
Thu May 1 14:22:27 CEST 2003

This has just bitten me in the nether regions and sent me into a tailspin
:-( Options are (sometimes???) case sensitive (this is KDE 3.1.1a).

My kdesktoprc sayeth....

[Devices][$i]
Enabled[$e]=$(/my/program/which/prints/true/or/false)

and kdesktop will not show the devices on the desktop no matter what
the program prints.... If I change it to:

[Devices][$i]
enabled[$e]=$(/my/program/which/prints/true/or/false)

then kdesktop honours the output of the program being called.

Is this right? It'll confused zillions of admins around the universe
if so.

-
 Regards,
     Russell