[Kde-kiosk] Printing wo the dialog

Michael Goffioul kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:57:19 +0100

This looks OK to me. Maybe you can also take care of the "System Options"
button on the print dialog, as well as the "Add Printer" button next to
the printer selection combo.
Do you expect me to do something?

Michael.

> I doesn't seem to be possible with KDE 3.1. I had a look at it and I intent to
> add the following KIOSK options:
>
> printer_system=false
>         Do not give the user an option to change the print system.
>
> printer_selection=false
>         Do not give the user an option to select a printer, use the default printer.
>         This option implies printer_system=false.
>
> printer_copies=false
>         Do not give the user an option to make more than 1 copy.
>
> printer_dialog=false
>         Do not give the user a print dialog at all. Print directly.
>
> It should be noted that print-preview is currently an option grouped with the
> printer selection. I think that's a questionable decision from a UI point of
> view. I think a seperate "Preview" button next to "Print" would be more
> appropriate.
>
> If the printer dialog isn't shown at all, the user will not be able to select
> specific pages it would like to print (Not really an option in konqueror
> anyway) nor have access to konqueror specific print options (Printer friendly
> format, images on/off, headers on/off).
>
> I would like to hear from people who are interested in reducing the
> print-related options available in their organisation whether the above KIOSK
> options would meet their needs. I will hopefully be able to add basic support
> for KDE 3.1.2 already, although changes such as the introduction of a
> seperate preview button will have to wait for 3.2.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo
> --
> bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.