[Kde-kiosk] flash application that starts programs under Konqueror

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Tue Jul 29 13:55:27 CEST 2003

I did something very similiar to this for one of our products not too long
ago.  It may not be the best way of doing it, but it worked.

Create a program (I called it the Chooser) that offers x # of buttons for the
user to click on.  Each button clicked exits the Chooser with a distinct exit
code.

I then used a perl script to do something like this:

while(1) {
  run chooser;
  if(exit_code == 0) run program_a;
  elsif(exit_code ==1) run program_b;

}

This script runs at kde startup.

Provided you thoroughly lock your system down, and get rid of window borders
and decorations, it's a fairly foolproof plan.

Caleb