[Kde-kiosk] Hostnames allowable in kdmrc

Ragnar Wisloff ragnar at wisloff.no
Tue Jul 29 13:46:36 CEST 2003

I'm trying to get autologin going in an environment where the thin
clients (kiosk boxen) are given names like ltsp-010. This is an
acceptable hostname according to RFC 952. But if I put a line in
kdmrc to identify such a host:

[X-ltsp-010:0-Core]
AutoLoginEnable=true

It returns an error:

Unrecognized section name [X-ltsp-010:0-Core] at /etc/kde2/kdm/kdmrc

I have tried escaping the hyphen like so:

[X-ltsp\-010:0-Core]

And various other quoting solutions like e.g.

[X-"ltsp-010":0-Core]

but all to no avail. Is there a way around this *other than*
changing the DNS/DHCP setup which serves up those names?

If not, perhaps some of the good people on this list knows what is a
good place to go to try to get kdmrc to accept RFC 952-compliant
host names?

--
Mvh Ragnar Wisløff