[Kde-kiosk] Classroom control

Christopher Dawkins kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:51:40 +0000 (GMT)

> In KDE 3.1 (*), yes. Add the following to kdeglobals: ...
> In KDE 3.1 (*) you can lock the complete panel by adding [$i] to ...
> In KDE 3.1 (*), yes. Add the following to kdeglobals: ...

:-)

>> d) I have configured a very nice "kcharselectapplet" for user
>>    kdelock1 but other users get the default kcharselectapplet
>>    characters. The only way round this seems to be to softlink
>>    from all user config directories to the one in ~kdelock1
>>    (this works, but is not elegant).
>
> Hmm.. seems to work just fine here. Does it use "kcharselect_panelappletrc" as
> config file? Does you kickerrc has a line with
> "ConfigFile=kcharselect_panelappletrc" ?

It's  "ConfigFile=kcharselectappletrc"  here.

presumably kcharselect_panelappletrc is a 3.1 feature :-)

Anyway, I've set up my system to hit everyone tomorrow with the new
controlled config, just cloning it now to the other application servers.
Sparks will fly, I am sure. Hope no-one clicks on bookmarks ...

--
Christopher Dawkins, Felsted School, Dunmow, Essex  CM6 3JG
01371-822698, mobile 07816 821659    cchd@felsted.essex.sch.uk