[Kde-kiosk] Is Kiosk what I need?

Martijn Klingens kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:35:24 +0100

On Friday 28 February 2003 14:10, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On my user account, I use two different machines, one in my office with
> > 21" monitor running at 1600x<whatever> and onr in the living room with
> > 17" running at 1024:
> > A: Have the desktop metrics reflect the machine I'm on,
>
> I do not understand what you mean with this.

I think he means that e.g. panel size and window locations are stored per
desktop geometry and not globally. Makes sense indeed to have (parts of)
kickerrc dependent on the geometry when sharing $KDEHOME across a network.

I don't think anything that even remotely supports this is there though,
besides some butt ugly fiddling with multiple KDEDIRS, each of which is
geometry-dependent.