[Kde-kiosk] kickerrc weirdness

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:30:24 +0100

On Thursday 20 February 2003 17:48, jef peeraer wrote:
> -> i added some action restrictions in kdeglobals (
> shell_access=false
> custom_config=false
> #logout=false
> lock_screen=fals
> run_command=false
> Will kde/kiosk notice the changes are do i have to run
> kbuildsycoca

You will need to force a run of kbuiuldsycoca. The easiest way to do that is
to touch $KDEDIR/share/services/update_ksycoca. It probably doesn't exist
yet.

> -> i want all my users to have the same menu items : i used menuedit for
> that and it seems that this menuedit changes files under
> /opt/kde3/share/applnk . However it only seems to be changed for the user i
> did the changes with. What is the best way to make these changes global (
> for all users ) ?

The approach that you used for making changes to the panel (described in your
othter mail, e.g. setting KDEHOME and then running kmenuedit) should work
here as well.

bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com