[Kde-kiosk] kickerrc weirdness

jef peeraer kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:48:39 +0100

i have a couple of questions concerning kiosk issues ( i read the
README.kiosk ).
-> i modified/added my panel and made it immutable . i copied the file (
kickerrc ) from my $KDEHOME dir to /etc/opt/kde3/share/config directory. So
this would mean that every user should get the same panel and could not
change any settings at all ? Well, this works partially, the panel seems
immutable ( can't change the settings ), but the items i modified/added to
the panel seem to be disappeared ( i get the default icons ).

-> i added some action restrictions in kdeglobals (
shell_access=false
custom_config=false
#logout=false
lock_screen=fals
run_command=false
Will kde/kiosk notice the changes are do i have to run
kbuildsycoca

-> i want all my users to have the same menu items : i used menuedit for that
and it seems that this menuedit changes files under /opt/kde3/share/applnk .
However it only seems to be changed for the user i did the changes with. What
is the best way to make these changes global ( for all users ) ?

Jef Peeraer

ps deploying kde3.1 on 15 fat-servers each having 1-10 thinclients
connected .