[Kde-kiosk] Making text completion options immutable

Bill Kendrick kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 15:04:35 -0800

Ok, so I found a sneaky way around the fact that Konqueror's "Location:"
field is able to auto-fill file and directory names when you type
"file:///" into the field.  I simply set "Text Completion" to "None"
(by right-clicking the Location: field itself.)

Unfortunately, though, I see no way of making this "stick."

I tried making an "/etc/kde3/konquerorrc" file with the following:

  [$i]
  [Settings]
  CompletionMode=1

This caused the default mode to be "None", which is what I want.
However, if I right-click the Location: field, the
"Text Completion" submenu is still there in the pop-up menu,
and I can still change it from "None" to something else.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!