[Kde-kiosk] New questions KDE 3.1

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:56:15 +0100

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 01:45, Miguel Angel Alvarez wrote:
> Hi! this is Miguel again!
> Well now that KDE 3.1 has been released (congratulations for all of KDE
> developers) I would like to know how to solve some problems I am having
> with the desktop.
>
> 1) How can I eliminate the Open With and Edit File Type options that
> appears when right clicking on icons?

action/openwith=3Dfalse
action/editfiletype=3Dfalse

> 2) When I try to open or save a file, KDE shows KfileDialog. I have tested
> that Speedbar is very useful for users but I don=B4t like to let users to=
 add
> their own entries. I would like to have an entry for floppy and another o=
ne
> for a folder called My Documents. Which file sould I set inmutable or
> unwriteable so no more entries could be added to this bar?

Make the "KFileDialog Speedbar" group immutable in kdeglobals like this:

[KFileDialog Speedbar][$i]

Note that this is not the group used for the default entries, that one is=20
named "KFileDialog Speedbar (Global)"

It is not yet reflected in the UI that the user can't change the speedbar=20
entries, but the changes will not stick. For 3.1.1 I will fix it so that
you don't get this "Add entry" option any more when it is immutable.

> Well I will make some questions when I finished testing KDE 3.1
> I hope you could be so kind to help me. I am trying to write a HOWTO with
> all the actions I have tried, I hope it could be helpful.

That would be very nice. I have finally started working on a "KDE for Syste=
m=20
Administrators" section for the new KDE website. I would love to include su=
ch=20
HOWTO's.

=2D-=20
bastian@kde.org -=3D|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=3D- bastian@suse.=