[Kde-kiosk] force logout from kde

Neil Munro neil.munro at catalyse.net
Tue Apr 29 19:22:37 CEST 2003

I want to be able to force a clean logout from KDE (e.g. from a root
cron job or similar to a user called "kde") but I cannot get this to
work reliably. I tried "su -c 'dcop ksmserver MainApplication-Interface
quit' kde" as that dcop command seems to work from a terminal. Is there
a "correct" way to do this from root?

The reason is that I want to re-initialise all the KDE settings for each
guest user. I'm using tar from a backup after logout to avoid problems
with open files and this works fine, but I have to be able to logout
automatically as I can't rely on the user doing it.

Thanks,

Neil.