[Kde-kiosk] desktop only

Florian Effenberger floeff at arcor.de
Fri Apr 18 14:52:43 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I've been playing around with KDE kiosk mode. What I want to achive is that
for a certain user, only a desktop with two or three preselected programs is
shown. As soon as he logs of, the session is closed.

I've been partially successful using the following .xsession file:

===
/usr/bin/kwin &
/usr/bin/konqueror http://www.mywebsite.com
===

Konqueror starts, and as soon as it is closed, the X session is being closed
as well.

Now I wanted to start the desktop instead of Konqueror, however, it does not
seem to work.

===
/usr/bin/kwin &
/usr/bin/kdesktop
===

The session starts, but gets killed immediately.

Do you have any ideas on how to achieve my goal? I'm on KDE 3.1.1a.

Thanks!
Florian