[Kde-kiosk] Locking Down KDE

Neil Munro neil.munro at catalyse.net
Wed Apr 16 19:06:13 CEST 2003

I've just installed 3.1 and cannot see how to set Desktop mouse actions,
it used to be (taken from the online help):

"Open the KDE Control Center and choose LookNFeel->Desktop. You can now
choose the behavior of mouse clicks on the desktop. To have the K menu
open from a single left mouse button click, change the entry labeled
Left button to say Application Menu."

We now have a "Desktop Wizard" but no direct desktop settings apartfrom
paths... I've also tried directly editing kdesktoprc setting:

[Mouse Buttons]
Middle=WindowListMenu
(adding)
Right=WindowListMenu

this has stopped the right click UNLESS it is over a desktop icon, in
which case it is still the old one. Is there another one for that? Where
are thse things documented? I have seached for info on
kdesktop/kdesktoprc and found very little of any use (old versions etc.)

Thanks,

Neil.