[Kde-kiosk] Virtual Desktops

Martijn Klingens kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:39:54 +0200

On Thursday 24 October 2002 21:41, Janyne Kizer wrote:
> Does anyone know of any downsides of doing this?  It doesn't look like
> any errors are being generated because this file is no longer available
> but I thought that I would check just in case.  Thanks!

The one and only downside is that you are losing a very valuable applet ;-)

Seriously, having this applet or not doesn't really make a difference.

BUT... desktops are not handled by the applet, but by kdesktop. The applet is
only a convenient GUI that talks to kdesktop in the background.

So the keyboard shortcuts and the kstart parameters to start apps on other
desktops are not disabled by this. You should also set the number of desktops
for KDE to 1 so there are no other desktops to switch to.