[Kde-kiosk] Removing "Run Command" and "Configure Panel" from start menu

Sean McGlynn kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 22:01:49 +0000

On Friday 29 March 2002 20:16, Janyne Kizer wrote:
> Darn it!  This doesn't really work.  Can I hide the taskbar completely?
> The empty taskbar lets people right-click on it and Add -> Terminal
>
> Thanks!

Hello Janyne,

A quick workaround for what you want to do is to simply "hide" the things you
don't want your users to see by changing the permissions on the files or
moving them to a "power users" directory that is included in certain users
$KDEDIRS, but not others. It isn't the prettiest way, but it should certainly
be effective until you can upgrade to KDE3 where, as you know, the situation
has improved.

Cheers,
Sean
--