[Kde-kiosk] Removing "Run Command" and "Configure Panel" from start menu

Martijn Klingens kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:45:22 +0100

On Friday 29 March 2002 13:26, Janyne Kizer wrote:
> Is there a way to remove "Run Command" from the start menu?  I have a
> set of users that I'd like to keep out of xterm windows.
>
> I think that it would be nice to remove "Configure Panel" as well.

I think KDE 3's KIOSK framework has all that. Since you are using 2.2 and
probably won't migrate right now I fear your only option is patching the
source code.

> Thanks again!  This list is a great resource.

It's a shame that I can't really test all this stuff myself, lacking time and
resources. Apart from that we should all make this a thriving and valuable
resource and hope more people will join and contribute.

Martijn