[Kde-kiosk] KDE File Associations / Star Office

Janyne Kizer kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:45:23 -0500

To finish up the Star Office 5.2 file associations, this is what I did.
Our installation of StarOffice is in /opt/staroffice52.  Change as
necessary for your installation:

The StarOffice shortcuts are in
/opt/staroffice52/share/kde/applnk/SPAdmin.kdelnk
/opt/staroffice52/share/kde/applnk/Setup.kdelnk
/opt/staroffice52/share/kde/applnk/StarOffice.kdelnk

Copy /opt/staroffice52/share/kde/applnk/StarOffice.kdelnk to
/usr/share/applnk/Applications
(we just wanted the executable on the menu)

Edit the icon line so that the full path to the icon file is listed.
For our installation, the line should be as follows:

Icon=/opt/staroffice52/share/kde/icons/so52.xpm

The StarOffice mimelink information is in:
/opt/staroffice52/share/kde/mimelnk/application/

These are the files that will be copied:
x-scalc.kdelnk
x-sda.kdelnk
x-sdf.kdelnk
x-sdraw.kdelnk
x-sds.kdelnk
x-sgl.kdelnk
x-smf.kdelnk
x-swriter.kdelnk

Copy the StarOffice mimelink files to the system mimelink directory
(/usr/share/mimelnk/application/)

Edit the mimetypes in the StarOffice.kdelnk file.
Add application/msword;application/msexcel;application/mspowerpoint