[Kde-kiosk] Password Expiration?

Janyne Kizer kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:57:01 -0500

I feel really stupid for asking this because it seems so simple.  When I
go to redhat-config-users and set password expiration information,
nothing seems to happen in the way of warning users.  For example, I set
a my ID to 0 days before change allowed, 18 days before change required,
5 days warning.  Then I go to /etc/shadow and I can see that the changes
were applied (I think) but when I log in, nothing happens.  By this I
mean that using VNC, KDE doesn't start and using a diskless xterminal, I
am kicked back to the chooser window.  I am using RH 7.2 with KDE
2.2.1.  FWIW, if I ssh into the server, as this test user, I do get a
warning.

from /etc/shadow

testid:$1$Ww/bXKFS$vpevtY51Lbfed5zCFQmCl/:11759:0:18:5:0:-1:0
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5