[Kde-kiosk] Status of Kiosk Project

Lauri Watts kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:34:36 +0100

Marten Klencke wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Tuesday 26 March 2002 23:59, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>> But I have yet to hear back from anyone
>> who is using the new features in production.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Waldo
>
> A friend of mine is going to use it for an internet cafe at his school. I
> will keep you updated too.
>
> By the way, I think a reason for little real-world use is simply that most
> people don't know about it. Maybe it should be added to some faq, or at
> least visibly on the website. A tutorial would also be very nice (it could
> be used for both the KDE website and a magazine like Linux Magazin for
> example).
>
> I will see what I can do tutorial-wise. If I have the oppurtunity to help
> my friend setting the internet cafe up, I should be able to write
> something up in the progress...

I started writing an "Administrators Guide to KDE" some time ago, but until
the new features were put into place, there wasn't a whole lot to write,
and what there was, was rather complicated.

You can see a copy (some months old, but much of what little *is* written is
unchanged) at http://i18n.kde.org/doc/admin/index.html

It's little more than an outline, but I'm more than willing to start working
on it again if the subscribers to this list will help with content.   I do
have some more snippets saved, to add (automatic proxy discovery for
example, has a very nice README file, which I could nearly drop untouched
into this document.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts