[Kde-kiosk] Status of Kiosk Project

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:59:58 -0800

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 02:17 pm, Andreas Pour wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since this kiosk stuff is new to KDE 3.0, and is something which will b=
> very interesting to enterprises, is it possible to provide some
> information as to the current status of the project, and how useful it
> is?
>
> If there is something there (I don't know, so I ask), I would like to
> devote a section of the 3.0 press release to it.  Can someone / several
> people who use this project summarize it for me, please, or just tell m=
> "wait till 3.1"?

You can read the current status in "kdelibs/kdecore/README.kiosk". It sho=
uld=20
be possible now to lock down kicker & kdesktop with KDE 3.0 as is (withou=
t=20
any changes to the source) But I have yet to hear back from anyone who is=
=20
using the new features in production.

--=20
bastian@kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian@suse.com