[Kde-kiosk] New Member Introduction

Janyne Kizer kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 08:11:41 -0500

Name:  Janyne Kizer
System info: Red Hat 7.2 with KDE 2.2.1

I am working to rollout a series of systems to county extension offices
located throughout the state of North Carolina.  (NCSU is a land grant
university and Cooperative Extension in North Carolina is done through
NCSU and NC A&T.)  Each system will have 15-25 people using them to boot
their diskless xterminals such as NCD HMX, NCD ThinStar and NCD N900s
and/or run programs on the server.  We are using Star Office 5.2,
Netscape, Gimp, Opera, and Nedit as our main applications.  We hope to
move to KMail in the future (waiting for IMAP filtering to subfolders
since we store the mail on the IMAP server rather than locally).  I am
very interested in configuring and locking down menus (we want for our
users to be able to set up the desktop the way the want but for phone
support we need to know what is in the menu/taskbar area) for support
purposes.  Although we support over 1200 end users throughout the state,
we have two full time help desk people and student help to do it -- so
simple is good :-)

--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5