[Kde-kiosk] Disabling remaining kghostview settings options

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:47:09 +0100

On Monday 16 December 2002 07:58, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> I was able to use /etc/kde3/kdeglobals to disable a couple of options in
> Kghostview, but the following still remain:
>
>   Settings->Show Scrollbars
>   Settings->Watch File
>   Settings->Show Page List
>   Settings->Show Page Labels
>

> I see nothing that sounds like they relate to any of these menu items
> (and I tried the obvious, like "action/options_show_scrollbars=false").
>
> Any tips?

If you have kghostview running as pid 21323, you can do:
	dcop kghostview-21323 qt objects | grep KActionCollection

This will show you among others:

qt/KXMLGUILClient-KActionCollection/show_scrollbars
qt/KXMLGUILClient-KActionCollection/watch_file
qt/KXMLGUILClient-KActionCollection/show_page_list
qt/KXMLGUILClient-KActionCollection/show_page_labels

You can check that you have the right option by doing
	dcop kghostview-21323 qt/KXMLGUILClient-KActionCollection/show_scrollbars \
		property text
This will give:
	Show &Scrollbars

Which corresponds to what you see in the menu. The & means that the S that
follows is a shortcut (Alt-S), and is shown underlined in the menu.