[Kde-kiosk] Lock screen & disabling non-KDE logins (was re: Lock screen)

Bill Kendrick kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:29:31 -0800

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 12:42:08PM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> lock_screen=false
>
> But it is only available in KDE 3.1

Damn :^/

I guess since the default user's password is blank, that's not too
big of a problem.  I can still see it causing confusion.
Sadly, I may need to suggest sticking a note on the side of the monitor
saying "If it says the screen is locked, just hit [Enter]" :^/

BTW - Off-topic, but can anyone suggest a good HOWTO or README on
disabling tty and remote access for a particular user?

(e.g., I _only_ want this particular user to be able to log in via KDE.
I suppose in the tty console, I could have the account set up to
automagically logout immediately after logging in - an old Unix account
trick people played on each other back in college :^) )

Thx!

-bill!