[Kamoso] Re: Fwd: GSoC

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Wed Mar 30 21:12:05 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 29 March 2011 18:14:59 Виктор Булдаков wrote:
> Dear Aleix,
>
> my name is Victor Buldakov, I'm a student at Kostroma State
> Technological University, Russia.
> I would like to take part in "Google Summer Of Code-2011" with a
> project on KDE.
>
> I have written to KDE-soc mailing list and they advised me to
> discuss my idea with you.
Hi, sorry for the delay in the response.

We're very excited to see people interested in Kamoso! thanks for that and
let's see how we can work together.

> My idea is to add different visual effects in your program "Kamoso"  - such
> as: -Mirror
> -Gauss blur
> -Outlines
> -Grayscale and etc.

> I would like to make your program more developed and useful that's why
> I would like to cooperate with you and to work on this project.

To apply for a Google Summer of Code you have to write a proposal explaining
your idea, something like this:
http://drupal.org/files/application.pdf

For instance, adding effects in Kamoso is quite easy thanks of gstreamer so the
task is not big enough for a GSoC, more things should be added, such creating
a good effect selector.

I just applied as a Mentor, if you need more ideas for the GSoC just reply the
email!