[Kamoso] QtGstreamer and kamoso

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Nov 2 01:50:10 CET 2010

Hi QtGstreamers!,
Since Mauricio told me about QtGstreamer some time ago, we've been
discussing with Alex Fiestas to port Kamoso [1] to use QtGstreamer [2]
instead of VLC for some technical difficulties.

I have a couple of questions concerning QtGstreamer before giving it a try:
- When is the first version of QtGstreamer planned? Looks like no
distribution is packaging QtGstreamer for the moment.
- Do you think we could get a working prototype in the current QtGstreamer
state? Let's say create the display widget and being able to record and take
pictures from it.

Thanks!
Aleix

[1] http://gitorious.org/kamoso