[Kde-java] playground/devtools/eclipse/org.kde.qt.designer.ui

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 19:54:08 CET 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 22:28, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> SVN commit 518702 by pfeiffer:
>
> some eclipse support for Qt/KDE-java
> for now:
> - launching Designer on .ui files
> - auto-building .ui files with juic (work in progress, currently hardcoded
> /usr/bin/juic)
>
> TODO:
> - UI assistance for creating Qt-Java projects (i.e. adding the QtJavaNature
> to a project, which adds the juic-builder and the qtjava and kdejava libs
> to the classpath) - ILaunchConfigurationDelegate et al for automatically
> setting -Djava.library.path - need to find out how to get better completion
> hints (real argument names instead of "String arg1" etc.) - completion for
> signals and slots
Do you mean the arg names in the QtJava .java sources? It uses whatever names
the original C++ args had, and only names them 'arg1' etc if they were
missing. So I'm not sure what we can do about that.

> CCMAIL: kde-java at kde.org
>
>  A             .classpath
>  A             .project
>  A             META-INF (directory)
>  A             META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
>  A             build.properties
>  A             icons (directory)
>  AM            icons/designer.png
>  A             plugin.properties
>  A             plugin.xml
>  A             src (directory)
>  A             src/org (directory)
>  A             src/org/kde (directory)
>  A             src/org/kde/qt (directory)
>  A             src/org/kde/qt/designer (directory)
>  A             src/org/kde/qt/designer/ui (directory)
>  A             src/org/kde/qt/designer/ui/DesignerUIPlugin.java
>

> **
> trunk/playground/devtools/eclipse/org.kde.qt.designer.ui/icons/designer.png
> #property svn:mime-type + application/octet-stream

This looks good stuff and I'd like to try it out, but I couldn't get Kubuntu
to work with Eclipse and gcj on my iBook:

!SESSION 2006-03-17 15:22:51.357
eclipse.buildId=
java.fullversion=GNU libgcj 4.0.2 20050808 (prerelease) (Ubuntu
4.0.1-4ubuntu9)
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=ppc, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch ppc

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 2006-03-17 15:22:55.921
!MESSAGE /usr/local/lib/eclipse/plugins is not a valid plugins directory.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2006-03-17 15:23:02.866
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle
org.eclipse.ui.workbench (21).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin for bundle org.eclipse.ui.workbench
is invalid
   at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator()
(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start()
(Unknown Source)

-- Richard