[Kde-java] Trying to compile qtjava

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 09:40:10 CEST 2005

Hi Thomas

On Wednesday 05 October 2005 21:09, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Since a few weeks I have been blessed with a new laptop, which is fast
> enough to try to get kdebindings (3.5 branch) to compile again. (I never
> actually got it working at all).
>
> After finding out that unsermake is unsupported I tried the old make stuff
> in a src==builddir.  I.e. no features.
Yes, I don't know why we have to switch to unsermake. kdebindings has always
been difficult to build, and now it's harder.

> I actually got some to see some compiling lines flowing by! :)
> But after a minute or two I got a compile error in qtjava;
> QPointArray.cpp:279: error: cast from 'QPoint*' to 'jint' loses precision
I get a warning for that source on line 229 - is that the same one? The code
for that method is hard wired into kalyptus as a special case, and so it
should be easy to fix.

> I'm a little confused why there are qtjava/qtkde files in svn anyway; I
> recall we autogenerate them to avoid version conflicts.  And now I have a
> version conflict...
> *confused*
>
> Anyone can shed some light on this?
Yes, the code shouldn't be in the svn, but I've never had the time to do it -
a week of autohell or whatever. This version of the bindings was supposed to
be a temporary measure before I got round to doing some using Dynamic Proxies
and the Smoke library instead of JNI. But I haven't the time to switch to the
proxy version, maybe not until KDE 4 now.

-- Richard