[Kde-java] building qtjava without kde

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 16:54:41 CET 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 16:33, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Saturday 05 March 2005 20:24, Shea Martin wrote:
> > What version of kdebindings would I have to get in order to build
> > against Qt 3.2.3?  I am having trouble compiling it.  For example there
> > are calls to QAction->setDisabled() which doesn't exist in 3.2.3, only
> > setEnabled(false).  That is easy enough to fix, but how about
> > QAction->activate()?  And these are only the ones I have found so far.
>
> I looked at the ChangeLog, and the bindings were generated from Qt 3.2.3 in
> December 2003, and I didn't actually regenerate them again until the recent
> KDE 3.4 release against Qt 3.3.4. So that means the KDE_3_3_BRANCH is based
> on Qt 3.2.3 - you could check out the latest version of that from the KDE
> cvs and build.
Correction, I think the KDE_3_2_BRANCH would be the one based on Qt 3.2.3 - I
did actually regenerate them again for the KDE 3.3 release against Qt 3.3.3.

Alternatively you could just remove any methods which don't exist such as
QAction::setDisabled(). I assume no methods were removed in between Qt 3.2.3
and Qt 3.3.4, only new ones added.

-- Richard