[Kde-java] Re: GCJ (Re: Build system for KDE4)

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Jun 16 15:40:36 CEST 2005

On Thursday 16 June 2005 14:33, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> For all practical purposes a clean API is not as important as being
> able to leverage existing code and documentation IMNSHO.

KDE is not the only API any Java programmer would be using; you know.  The
majority of the API would be the java.* and the javax.* stuff.
Being consistent with that is what will make this library easy to learn.

Leverage existing docs or code is meant to say you expect people to copy
paste C++ code and adapt that to Java?
In that case you should probably try programming Java for some 6months
since C++ is really different enough to not make that worth your while.
Unless you want to answer questions like: "How do I do a
macro/preprocessor/whatever in Java?"

Anyway; just moving classes to other packages is really not going to make
this stuff incompatible or whatever;  java IDEs will autodetect package
and add it in your java file fully automatic anyway.

--
Thomas Zander