[Kde-java] selected( QAction) slot for QActionGroup

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 22:59:03 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 15:44, David Goodenough wrote:
> I am working my way through the examples in the Qt Designer manual and in
> the second one they define an ActionGroup and then gets its events throught
> selected( QAction).  This does not appear to work, I put a
> System.out.println in the method that I connected the slot to, and it never
> appears to be called.
>
> So I looked around in the examples that come with the java kdebindings and
> the only one what seems to try to use this slot is TextEdit.  I looked at
> the source and it does exactly what I did, so I tried running it, and the
> four alignment toolbar icons have NO effect.  I conclude that this slot is
> not working.
>
> So I tried looking in the kdebindings source, and my head started to hurt
> as I do not know where to start looking.
>
> Any ideas?
Hi David

As I've just explained to Maik, I couldn't test the QAction signals/slots
problem because the TextEdit app looped and seg faulted with the KDE 3.3.1
java bindings. The code is in JavaSlot.cpp, there is a table that looks up
the C++ type signature given the java one. So there is an entry for QAction
in there:

 {"(QAction)",            "(QAction*)"},

There should be no space before the asterisk. I attached a JavaSlot.cpp that
might work if you want to try it out.

-- Richard