[Kde-java] juic code generation problems

Marco Ladermann marco.ladermann at gmx.de
Wed Jun 23 20:52:25 CEST 2004

Hi Maik,

Am Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004 22:15 schrieb Maik Schulz:

> 1. It gets one constructor's parameters wrong. Apparently it uses the
> parameters from a QDialog which contains a modal flag in contrast to
> QWidget.

Solved. I overlooked that an empty nody is evaluatet to boolean 'true'. XSL is
not typesafe :D

> 2. I added a number of slots that take parameters. The parameter types are
> not imported. I suggest you import org.kde.koala.* and org.kde.qt.* and not
> individual classes. This also avoids the import of e.g. KApplication for a
> QWidget where it is not needed and thus flagged by Eclipse.

In the moment I prefer to import every single used class, instead of just
importing the whole packages. Every class gets also a "main" method to test
independently from other classses. KApplication is imported only if some
other KDE class ist uses. Why and what is flagged by Eclipse?

So I implemented a simple parsing algorithm to detect the Qt and KDE classes
in the signature of signals and slots. Works with your example.

I also fixed a bug pointed out by David Goodenough. Strings may contain
newline characters, which leads - unhandled -  to syntactic wrong Java code.

Okay. Ready for new bugs!

And now for something completely different. I have to hurry, to see our
(german) football team following the italians ;)

Marco
--
KISS - keep it small and simple