[Kde-java] Newbie with kde-java programming

Ivan ivan at interd4u.com
Thu Jul 8 18:25:51 CEST 2004

Hello,
I m an experienced J2EE developer and i wanna to develop some GUI
applications with java for the kde desktop: IAS server controller,
tomcat remote log monitor, etc... Just for doing the daily job a little
more funny and freaky ;)

I have notice this while testing the java-kde enviroment:

-It is very difficult to get the needed jar's.
-The examples doesn t especific jar' s versions to link against. I have
broken examples with errors on methods calls.

While testing Kdevelop, where i discover dke-java binddings:

-It generates INVALID java source, and doesn t compile java.

I wanna ask the community how can i get started to develop some code and
get fun of java language on KDE.  I have searched at google, this mail
list, but i m totally lost :(