[Kde-java] DCOP problem

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 11:54:11 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 00:18, Heinz Meulke wrote:
> first off, I have been looking at the kde-java and qt-java bindings, and
> I have to say, good job to the developers!
>
> Running kde-bindings-3.2.3 on gentoo linux
>
> Looking at the DCOPObject example included there appears to be a
> problem/bug.
>
> Looking at the kdcop "Application" in kde the function called
> myOperation() does not show up as a function/method, surely this is a
> "bug"?
>
> Since I am new to DCOP, I also had a look at a python implementation,
> and that works as expected.
I'm not sure if the java bindings DCOP support was finished, I'll have a look
at what it does. I've done a lot of work with DCOP recently for the ruby
bindings so I know what it's supposed to do. I didn't have any time to
improve java for the KDE 3.3.0 release, but I'm hoping to try and fix some
things for the 3.3.1 increment.

-- Richard