[Kde-java] Qt Designer javaeditor plugin

Marco Ladermann marco.ladermann at gmx.de
Thu Jun 19 10:02:05 CEST 2003

Am Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2003 22:41 schrieb Richard Dale:
> I've been hacking at the code in the Qt Designer cppeditor plugin to create
> a Java version, it seems 'almost useful'. Here are my notes from the README
> file:

I was also thinking of extending the designer, but my time ...
So I greatly welcome your efforts!

> TO DO
>
> - The editor code completion popup shows C++ methods - is it possible to
> show Java methods?
> - More work needed on adding <some name>.ui.java instead of <some
> name>.ui.h and doing suitable java code merging when generating the java
> sources from the .ui files.

My idea was to generate a <some name>.ui.xml file to make it accessible by the
stylesheets. This would be much more consistent compared to the hybrid
approach of the original Qt Designer .

I will have a look at your sources, at least to increase my C++ skills ;-)

So long
Marco