[Kde-java] QTableSignals Interface

Richard Dale kde-java@kde.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:56:54 +0000

On Friday 17 January 2003 1:58 pm, Felix Rodriguez wrote:
> Richard,
>
>    Thanks. That was driving me crazy. So crazy in fact, that I found a work
> around. I actually overrode the doubleClickEvent method and emitted my own
> signal. That seems to do the job. I am hesitant to put your patch in
> because I plan on releasing the application to the general public and I
> want to make sure that I don't deviate from the java kdebindings that come
> with kde. Is this patch going to be included in future a future version of
> the java-kde-qt bindings?
Yes, I've just commited the change to the HEAD and KDE_3_1_BRANCHs - thanks
for the bug report! It might be too late for the KDE 3.1 release though. The
bug would have meant that the bindings runtime thought the
'int,int,int,QPoint' was a java signal and connected to that, rather than the
correct C++ one. And you would have never emitted the signal in java, so
nothing happened.

>    By the way thanks for doing such a great job with the java kde/qt
> bindings. I am a java developer at work and have gotten accustomed to using
> Borland's JBuilder. I love the fact that I can use JBuilder to write my own
> KDE applications. This is much easier than using C++ to build my KDE apps
That's good news - encouraging that java bindings makes KDE programming
easier. Then we get more programmers, and so more apps.. I can program in
C++, but I just personally find it all a bit of a headache and
over-complicated.

-- Richard