[Kde-java] new KKey bindings generation

KJ P kde-java@kde.org
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:30:23 +0000

Hello Richard

Thanks.  I was hopeing I did not mess it up to much.

>I hope everything else builds in the HEAD branch at the moment, I haven't
>had
>time yet to get my version of kdelibs up to date since the beta 2.

I have started working on the KStdAction as that one is causing a compile
error.  That one changed a lot (well at least to the 4 un-experienced eyes
of mine).  It now uses KActionCollection which now has to be generated and I
have not found it yet.  All the method signatures have changed as well.
Instead of passing a QWidget of parent it now expects a KActionCollection
and I do not even know what that is yet.

This one might be out of my depth at this time but I am going to take a stab
at it.

I am really anxious to get this compiled because I have a telnet 5250
emulator that I have written and want to put under KDE.  I am hoping it will
work out some of the linux keyboard problems and a speed issue.  This will
include a new project for an IO Slave to the AS400 like IBM's Client access
under windows.  Was trying to use DCOP to talk between the IO-slave and my
java program but have decided to use sockets until DCOP comes up to speed
with the serialization.  I am hoping this will bring a whole lot of new
corporate users to KDE.

There are a lot of people that I have talked to from doing this project that
want to change to linux but because of the lack of tools can not.  The
emulator, because it is written in java, has received a lot of users for the
Mac OS X as well.  Still there is a lack of speed  as a result of using
swing.

Well anyway I went and bought some more candles today - lately have been
burning them from both ends - so hope to have something with the KStdAction
at some point.  I am going to learn this if it kills us both ;-)

Thanks again

Kenneth

Kenneth