[Kde-java] 'Georges Interesting Literature Trawler' - code review

Richard Dale kde-java@kde.org
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:39:13 +0100

On Sunday 14 April 2002 4:02 pm, KJ P wrote:
> It might be better to build from the 3.0 release branch to get the
> kdebindings koala.jar.  I am compiling the bindings now because from head
> the bindings will not compile because of changes in the libs.
>
> That is the next thing I will start working on but as I also did not have
> the koala.jar from Suse I had to get a working copy to test the new gcj
> that I installed yesterday.  Really looking forward to this test.
I still can't get gcj to work, but I really ought to add the makefile rules
and instructions in the README's for building lib-org-kde-qt.so and
lib-org-kde-koala.so. Both gcc 3.0.4 and current snapshots of gcc 3.1 should
work fine.

> I have a couple of changes that need to be sent to Richard Dale - KDirWatch
> for one - so that head bindigs will compile.
Thanks Kenneth - the branch to go for in the cvs is KDE_3_0_BRANCH. That has
the KDirWatch, KFileMetaInfo and KFileMetaInfoItem fixes. There were some
last minute changes to these classes between KDE RC3 and the final release,
which I didn't know about. That's why kdebindings didn't compile and didn't
get released. But I think I did fix the HEAD branch, so it should have built
ok.

-- Richard