[KDE-India] I am a newbie...Need Help!

Shantanu Tushar Jha shantanu at kde.org
Fri Jun 10 10:42:00 UTC 2016

Hi Chinmoy!

Happy to hear your interest in KDE :) Have you been using KDE in past with
your Linux setup? If not, the obvious next step would be to install it from
your package manager and use it for a while.

Everyone feels a bit confused at the beginning, not able to decide where to
start contributing. The easiest way is to use the KDE desktop and KDE
applications (like digikam, amarok etc) and find small things you can fix.
You can even find a list of Junior Jobs on our bugzilla[1]

Welcome to KDE :)

[1]
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&keywords=junior-jobs

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 5:50 PM, chinmoy ranjan <chinmoyrp65 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Namaste kde-india,
>        I am Chinmoy Ranjan. I am a student, an amateur c++ programmer and
> a die hard linux fan.
> I have been programming and using linux for roughly 3 years. Right from
> the time i started programming the concept of FOSS had always fascinated
> me. Many a times i tried to contribute but failed miserably probably due to
> study, life and stuffs.
>
> Now i have made up my mind and i want to start my journey in FOSS world
> with contributions to KDE. Right now I am  learning Qt and familiarising
> myself with various parts of kde. But the i am overwhelmed and can't figure
> out clearly where and how to start since KDE is so big.
>
> So if anyone got some suggestions or have any tasks for me or know where
> should i start  then please do reply and help me getting started with my
> first contribution to KDE. I will be grateful to you.
>
> Waiting for someone's reply😯
>
> Regards😄
> Chinmoy

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)