[KDE-India] Fwd: Bonjour

sujith h sujith.h at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 09:10:48 UTC 2014

Hi Abhishek,

Nice that you started using one of the distros openSUSE. So that's really a
good news.

I am very much sure that openSUSE has qt-mobility package. So I still
insist you to follow the steps. And let me know
if you face the problem of installing qt-mobility. May be if you are
available in irc that would be great.

Regarding the cores: if you execute command
cat /proc/cpuinfo you would be able to see processor 1, processor 2 etc.
Depending on the cores your laptop/desktop has.(i.e, core i3, core i5, core
i7). So check for the last count of processor. Lets say the last count of
processor is 3 then you have 4 and go for make -j5. If you are so confused
about it. You can leave that for now as the codebase is not that huge for
PMC. Hence you can provide just make.

You can run PMC by : plasma-mediacenter from the commandline.

Let me know if you have more queries with respect to running PMC on
openSUSE.

Thanks,

Sujith H

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Abhishek Solanki
<abhisolanki94 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Everyone !
> From the first day itself, linux is playing with my head ;-)
>

> I followed steps from sujithh.info, to build and run PMC , these are some
> difficulties i've faced on OpenSUSE
>

> *1) Dependencies error while installing Installing qt-mobility as follow*
>
> *nothing provides libqmfclient.so.1()(64bit) needed by
> qt-mobility-1.2.0_20110922-1.4.x86_64*
>

> i searched on Google and install qt-mobility rpm package by this command : *zypper
> in qt-mobility-1.2.0_20110922-1.4.x86_64.rpm*
>
> and still dependencies were not resolved and terminal asked to move on and
> ignore that error !
>

> and than i git cloned , followed all steps from that site but didn't
> understand *make j(n+2) * command , what does cores refers to ?
>

> *2) File was build and compiled but PMS didn't showed up *:( after *make
> install !*
>

>  i think that the above command has installed PMS but how can i run it !
>

> --
> Thanks,
> Abhishek

സുജിത് ഹരിദാസന്