[KDE-India] KDE-Meetup @DA-IICT

Saagar Takhi stakhi08 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:33:44 UTC 2013

Hello,
There was a meetup of two days @DA-IICT on 23rd and 24th, February, 2013.
According to me, it was life changing for me, it has motivated me to move
out of my comfort zone,
and checkout master branch of whole new KDE-community, a world in itself.
Over a past few days, after switching to kubuntu from ubuntu, I am
experiencing the awesomeness of
the developers who have brought some serious codes into existence which is
funky as well.
During the sessions, I learnt to use git, and was also introduced to basic
qt development processes,
and all of them have init a new process inside me to explore more and more
over these platforms.

The meet has motivated me to start something new, but not alone, with a
whole KDE-community,
whose generousness, friendly and helping nature, I experienced both in the
session and outside
the session in personal talks  (like with vishesh handa(aka Nepomuk) in my
hostel room next to me),
and also online on IRC.

As a result of the meet, I have already started exploring new projects and
giving a try to understand
the codes and also try new and simple changes to implement them for better
understanding using qt.

All in all, I would like to thank the complete KDE-community, who i think
seems to be like a new family
to me.

And a special thanks to Yash Shah (@yashshah_) for volunteering the start
of a new era.