[KDE-India] Akademy 2012

Samikshan Bairagya samikshan at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:47:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Shantanu Tushar Jha <shaan7in at gmail.com>wrote:

> And, surprisingly the Hungarian embassy is much more PITA than others,
> here are the things they pestered me for-
>
> * They need signature and seal on your payslips (HR etc) and bank
> statement (branch manager), EVEN if it says "this is a computer generated
> document and doesn't require a signature"
> * They will tell you that "hey this invitation isn't original, it looks
> like a printout!", you need to tell them "yes, it *is* a printout, thats
> what I have. If you need more authenticity, there's this digitally signed
> ddoc I can email to the embassy"
> * I get my insurance stuff done online, so they were saying the same "hey,
> cmon this aint original", and you gotta explain its a damn printout as it
> was online.
>
> Otherwise, they will be fine (hopefully).
>
> hope that helps :)
>
> Cheers

Thanks Shantanu for all the information. Anyway, does this mean that
I myself have to show up at the Embassy to make an application? And
even if the application can be made through a travel agent, do the officials
at the embassy prefer the candidate to show up himself? I am from Kolkata;
so I would prefer to get all this done from the comfort of my room. :P

Cheers
Samikshan Bairagya