[KDE-India] Re: No KDE this year at FOSS.IN?

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 16:47:43 CEST 2010

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Atul Chitnis <mail at atulchitnis.net> wrote:
> Ahem. Touchy, aren't we? I didn't jump to any conclusions - I listed out some possible reasons for KDE's absence, and wanted to know what the issue is. So it looks like you owe me an apology here. I was earnest, you got nasty.

Ok, but what I said was humble enough, so I guess no apology needed.

> Our research showed that more colleges have exams late November and early December, which is why we looked for later dates.
>
> IAC since when was the KDE community students only? From what I know, the most active members of the community are in fact gainfully employed.

Yeah, you're right, its not students only. But the most active members
of the community are students, which can result in less attendance
(very college-ish, isn'it it ;) ). But that doesn't mean there will be
zero attendance, the people who don't have exams etc will be
submitting talks etc.